Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Tags, tags, tags & sets, sets, sets

I can not stress enough the importance of tagging your media in MyBuffalo.com.

Why tag?

Items are easily found when people are searching for them on MyBuffalo.com

The tag cloud on MyBuffalo.com might just show your tags!

How do I tag?

Think of the keywords that are associated with your media. For example if it's a photo gallery on a Halloween costume contest you should tag with: halloween, costume, the location where it took place, specific costumes, etc. etc. etc.. The more tags, the easily your photos can be found.

Always separate the words with a space, not a comma.


ALWAYS upload your photos into a set. If you are taking photos of people at a specific event and passing out cards, the only way for them to find all the photos is to upload them into a set. This is a very easy process that is accessible on the photo upload page.

As always if you have any questions, feel free to contact me.

Deanna

1 comment:

Neelrad said...

When you are loading multiple image sets numerous times after a shoot you many feel like you can't be bothered to type and retype a description and tags.

Here's what I do and maybe it will be helpful for you too. I open a word document and write my description and tags. Then start the uploading. When I get to the description and tags I go back to the word doc. Then copy and paste the information into the multiple file uploader page/ This way I only really have ot type a good description once or my long list of tags.