Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Wing Fest


Before I begin...
  • We're still looking for a photographer interested in taking photos at tailgating parties tomorrow night at the Bills game.
  • Buffalo.com's very own Gabrielle is going to be the emcee of "Welcome Back College Students" night at Pure Nightclub on Friday night. Lizz has graciously agreed to be her photographer/videographer for the night. Everyone's welcome to join her for a great night. (I unfortunately will be sleeping, my party days are behind me)
  • I'm going to be out of the office on Friday, but I will be available via cell and email.
  • Ben's on vacation next week - email or call me with any questions.

OK...now onto the Wingfest. Let me start by saying these aren't assignments. Since you are all volunteers, I'm not allowed to assign. So consider these suggestions, to make sure that everyone knows what everyone else is doing.

Saturday crew:
Rule #1: Check in with me when you arrive. Call me on my cell - 390-2652 or 830-4010 and I'll meet up with you.

Rule #2: Keep all photos in good taste. This is going to be a messy event, so make sure everyone really wants their picture taken before you start snapping shots.

Rule #3: Writers, talk to me before the event. Call me on my cell phone and I can discuss the suggestions for your articles.

Rule #4: T-shirt toss: We're going to be tossing t-shirts into the crowd at certain times during the afternoon. I'm going to have a box full of shirts I will probably keep backstage for this purpose. That's just one reason why it's so important for you to check in with me when you arrive.

Rule #5: HAVE FUN AND ENJOY!

We're one of the sponsors, they're expecting us...so just identify yourself when you arrive. It's very important that you bring your .com ID with you (I'll have extras, Joe) wear your MyBuffalo.com t-shirt. Rachelle, Anthony, and Kathi I've mailed yours out today. Our Saturday crew can get them from me when they arrive. I'm sure you'll have questions, email me or call anytime.

Wingfest Schedule
Saturday

Deanna: 2:30-7:30pm (T-shirt toss, photos, blog and video)
Joe Moran: 2-3pm (general event photos)
Zach Martinen: 3:30-6:30pm (T-shirt toss, article: US Champ., Pageant, Amateur Champ., Blue Cheese Bowl)
Lizz Schumer: 3-4:30pm (T-shirt toss, photos)
Sean Rudyk: 3:30-7:00pm(T-shirt toss, photos of US Champ., Amateur Champ., Blue Cheese Bowl)

Sunday

Anthony Basileo: 1-4pm (Taste-test & Celebrity Wing Cook-Off article)
Kathi Ross: 11-4pm (photos)
Rachelle Roberts: 3-7pm (photos)

Thanks to all!

Deanna

No comments: