Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Ah, winter in WNY















Buffalo.com photo by Deanna Russo.


I am not a fan of winter. I do not like the cold, or the snow, or inching along in traffic at 10 MPH, as I did this morning. I live in Orchard Park and take the 219 to the 90-West to the 1-90 North to get to work in the morning, and the fastest I went today was probably 20 MPH. And that was for about 20 yards...and I almost got drilled by a tractor-trailer on the 1-90 merge because this guy almost missed his exit, so he decided to drive across two lanes of barely-moving traffic to make the turn. Good times, people.

Anyhow...my Buffalo.com "Good Soldier of the Day" award goes to Galina Tolmacheva, who braved the weather this morning to go to the Albright-Knox to take photos of an art installation that was canceled due to the weather. Sorry, Galina!

It's been rescheduled for tomorrow, so we'll see what happens...in the meantime, if you see me, I will probably be shaking my fist at the sky.

No comments: