Friday, February 6, 2009

Catching up for the weekend




















Buffalo.com photo by Carey Colella.


I was out of the office today - had to go to Forestville for a funeral on my wife's side of the family. I apologize if I owe anyone an email or a return phone call, I will try to get to it ASAP.

A few notes:

  • Please remember that we have a tour of The Buffalo News scheduled for the interns on Monday, Feb. 16 at 10 AM. Sign-ups have been a little light so far. If you can make it, it would be great to have you see the inside of 1 News Plaza.

  • We are going to run some congratulatory advertisements for some of our 2008 intership award winners, so keep an eye on the print edition of The Buffalo News for to see some of your fellow writers and photographers (or yourself, depending on who is reading this). The ad schedule is as follows:

    Feb. 10 - Dawn Mongold
    Feb. 13 - Dan Ruggiero
    Feb. 15 - David Jarka
    Feb. 19 - John Kindelan
    Feb. 23 - Les Robinson
    Feb. 27 - Tom Proctor
    March 2 - Bill Parker
    March 6 - Lizz Schumer

    Now, there is a possibility that specific ads will be bumped if the paid ad inventory for that particular day's paper is sold out. If that happens, we will get you the new date ASAP. Congratulations again to all of our winners.

  • Buffalo.com photo intern Nick Julian had a great idea a few weeks back - why don't we start a project where we photograph the sites of interest throughout Western New York and post the pics to Spotted? That way, anyone from outside of the community - or in WNY, for that matter - could get a good look at some of the great history and architecture of the region.

    Nick has already started with a gallery of photos from the Herschell Carroseul (sp?) Museum. They are kind of buried on the site right now, and I want to create a more prominent place for them...and for the other galleries we hope to get. Some places of interest could be the Central Terminal, the Richardson Towers...or any place you can imagine. I would love to get this rolling. Please let me know if you would like to be part of this project, and I can start working on booking tours for you.

  • I feel like I had a bunch of other notes for you, but I am drawing a blank. If I remember what I was going to say, I'll type it up later.
Have a good weekend, everyone.

PS. Upload pet pics to the Puppy Love community gallery!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think that's a great idea. I have some pictures of the Central Terminal and just "all around buffalo" pictures (which could be another photo contest for everyone, not just the interns) and it would be cool to post them in the same section. Keep us updated on where that place is. Thanks.
Galina