Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Weekend events




















Buffalo.com photo by bellasadie.


I sent this via email, too, but wanted to make sure everyone sees it...so here it goes...


There are a few events this weekend that are currently unselected and I wanted to toss them back out there again for everyone to consider...if you're interested, let me know!

Thursday - Sunday: Buffalo Italian Heritage Festival.
We could definitely use writers/photographers for the Buffalo Italian Heritage Festival, which runs from Thursday through Sunday in the city's Little Italy section (Hertel Ave. between Elmwood and Parkside). Good food, good people, and a lot of fun. An easy shoot for photographers and lots of angles for writers. I think I am going out on Thursday and Saturday to shoot some video/photos, but the more the merrier for this major summer event.

Sunday: Buffalo News Summer Jazz Series with The Buffalo Brass. I am not going to pretend that I know a lot about jazz, but I have heard that this is considered one of the top "gigs" in town (is that what the jazz fellows call a performance?). This is a very relaxed shoot - literally the entire crowd is laying around on blankets and lawn chairs. If you're writing a story, we are looking for a review - and it would be interesting to try your hand at something a little out of the ordinary like a jazz concert. Anyhow, this is one of those events that make summer in Buffalo unique, and there are only three of these shows, and one is already done - so it would be excellent to get a person or two out here. It's on the lawn facing Delaware Park behind the Albright-Knox Art Gallery and it starts at 2 PM.

Sunday: Wilco. One of the top American rock bands recording and touring today. I can't make this show on Sunday or I would snatch it up myself. Seriously, Wilco is a great band - it would be a shame if we didn't get a little photo or review of this one. It's an Artpark show - expect a big crowd - and the opener, Conor Oberst, is also an outstanding young artist. Dammit, why can't I go to this one! Anyhow, let me know if you are interested and I will see about getting a pass. Show starts at 8 PM out at Artpark in Lewiston.

No comments: