Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Help wanted!


Hey all,

You're all going to find out eventually so it might as well be now...I'm going to be a new mom. That's right, little Deanna is expecting. I'm due the first week of March. (Some of you are friends with me on Facebook, please don't write anything on my wall regarding my news, as much as I'd like to receive the congratulations there are some people who don't know yet).

In all honesty, we have tons o' stuff coming up in the next few weeks, and I could really use some of your time and energy to make sure all of these events are a success, and so that I don't burn myself out. Ben's concentrating his efforts on other projects at Buffalo.com and he's going to be on vacation in about a week and a half.

The Buffalo Irish Festival is coming up this weekend...Buffalo.com is one of the sponsors. We're going to have a table set up on Friday between 5-8pm where we'll be registering people for the site and giving away free stuff. If you'd like to assist me for a few hours, please let me know. On Saturday, Lizz Schumer has agreed to blog, write an article, and take photos at the event. Thanks Lizz! We are also in need of a Buffalo.com photographer who'd be willing to take photos at the Irish Festival for an hour or two on Sunday. It runs from noon until 9pm.


Next weekend, Buffalo.com and The News is also sponsoring the Wing Festival at Coca-Cola Field from noon until 9pm on Saturday and noon until 7pm on Sunday. We're sponsoring the chicken wing eating contest (We need a photographer to shoot it, I really think it's going to make me nauseous). We agreed to have a table there for portions of the event (again lots of freebees), and we'll be given full media access - photo, video, and writers to the event. As well as access to celebrity participants. There's going to be a MyBuffalo.com t-shirt toss too! Anthony Basileo has graciously agreed to help out on Sunday, but we need additional assistance on both days to make sure we cover everything.

Thursday, September 10 (I think it's 4-7pm) is the UB Football Kick-off. There are some News staffers who'll be able to help at the table (Best Buy is going to be sponsoring a contest in connection with the Beatles Rock Band game too), but we could also use a writer and photographer to cover it as well.

Saturday, September 12 is Music Is Art...again we're sponsoring it. Robby Takac has agreed to be available for an interview (yours truly will be taking that part of it) and MyBuffalo promotions and in exchange we're going to be covering it with video, photos, and writers. Dave Marino has graciously agreed to take photos at the event, but at least another writer if not photographer would be great.

OK...if I make it through the next few weeks we'll (me and baby) will get a medal :)

Thanks in advance for all your help!

Deanna

2 comments:

Lizz said...

Congrats! That's so exciting!

Erica Morano said...

Yay! Congrats!