Sunday, June 7, 2009

Calm before the storm














Buffalo.com photo by Sean Rudyk.

Well, this is the last day for Spotted and YourHub. I am tempted to get sentimental and think about all the fun stuff and interesting experiences I've had as a result of these two Web sites. Instead, I will refrain from boring you with tales of my drives through eastern Niagara County and visits to Southern Tier high schools and will look to the future, instead.

Here are some things to keep in mind as we transition to MyBuffalo tomorrow:

  • There will be a learning curve for everyone. I am still learning all of the ins and outs of the MyBuffalo site, and it will take all of us a few days to really get a feel for the new project. I am humbly requesting your patience while we get the wrinkles ironed out. That being said...

  • Please be active at the site. This is a great opportunity to get to know your fellow contributors a little better. In fact, in some ways, this is a real opportunity to cut out the middleman (me) and really connect with feedback, ideas, meet-ups, and the like. Please don't cut me out too much, though, as I would like to be a part of the action, too!

  • The functionality is definitely different than Spotted and YourHub. Tomorrow, I will discuss some of these differences - doesn't make much sense to do it before it launches - but bear in mind that it is NOT going to look or feel like the tools we are used to using. I again humbly request that you are patient and that you have an open mind about using the site.

  • We'll be a little light on events this week. There is probably a lot going on around Western New York this week - I would wager on it - but we're going to be doing a lot of sitework and not quite as much "booking" for the next few days. If there are events you are interested in attending - and there are some good ones, like the Rev. Horton Heat at Artpark, Thursday at the Square, the Allentown Arts Festival - let me or Deanna know, and we will get you out there...but the list itself will probably be pretty slim.
Anyhow, I hope you are having a great weekend, and I look forward to your feedback on the new site.M

No comments: