Thursday, June 25, 2009

Weekend stuff for photographers















There are three relatively big events that we would love to see photographed this weekend...if you are available, please let me or Deanna know ASAP.

Here's the list:

  • Buffalo Place Rocks The Harbor concerts. Friday: Umphrey's McGee. Saturday: Yonder Mt. String Band and Joan Osborne. These are going to be big concerts - and we can definitely help you out with some extra tickets if you want to bring a friend or two. It would be fantastic to get photographers out to these concerts. I'd do it myself but a.) I'm playing Gus Macker on Friday and b.) I've been promising my wife I'd paint the apartment since February...guess when I finally said I would do it. The gates open at 5 PM for these shows at Erie Canal Harbor in Buffalo.

  • Citybration Parade. I'll let the Citybration folks explain this one...

    "Come alone, bring the family. or gather as a team or organization. Walk, ride your bike, jazz up your stroller, wear a costume, decorate your car, or build a crazy make-shift float. Just come and join the parade and have a truly memorable Sunday morning as we strut our love for this great city, and celebrate the many Buffalonians who are making a difference to our community. Come one, come all!

    Citybration invites all community organizations, residents, and visitors to march in celebration of all that's good in Buffalo. The "We Are Buffalo Parade" will start at 11 a.m. on Sunday, June 28 at Delaware Park's Meadow ring road near the corner of Parkside Avenue and the Scajaquada Expressway. We will march to the Buffalo Zoo and enter to enjoy the Buffalo Ambassadors Luncheon at Noon."

This would be a pretty easy event to shoot...and it looks like you may be able to wrangle a lunch out of the deal, too (I'll get the details if you're interested). Another event where you would be welcome to bring along a friend or well-wisher.

Anyhow, let me or Deanna know if you can pick up any of these events - we can use the assistance!

No comments: